Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Has Anyone Seen the Tooth Fairy?


After it being loose for almost two months, Eric has FINALLY lost his first front tooth!

Eric was determined to lose the tooth at school so that he could get his special "tooth necklace". Today, I was walking into the cafeteria and I heard this little excited voice exclaim, "I lost my tooth!" He put it to the side so that he could go upstairs after lunch and get his necklace. At some point, the tooth dropped to the floor and it was lost. This is when Mrs. Horvath kept the kindergarten and first grade in the cafeteria a full ten minutes longer so that they could help Eric look for his tooth. It was wonderful. What was so important to my little boy became so important to his classmates and other students in the school -- even the kindergarten teacher. Where else would you get that but a close knit Christian school? We are so blessed to consider this community of people part of our family!

They never did find his tooth. But Mrs. Horvath knew what was Eric's true desire and she made sure that he got that necklace. As for the tooth fairy and the surprise under the pillow? I have it on high authority that the tooth fairy always knows when a tooth has been "lost" and covers them all.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Yea for Eric! Abbie will be sad that she missed the big tooth hunt at lunchtime!

Aimee

Jennifer said...

We heard ALL about it,
last night! Matthew told us the whole story. He was sooo upset that Eric lost the tooth :(

You are right, we are SO blessed to be where we are :)

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Now this is what I call a blog. Fantastic job Debi. Now I really feel the need to update Alyssa's. And Eric, we're looking forward to finally seeing your toothless smile. I promised your mom I wouldn't teach you how to spit through it. I guess I'll have to leave that to Aunt Lynn. She's is a tomboy after all.

Uncle Gregg

Anonymous said...

Yes,I was ten minutes late for lunch because my brother lost his tooth!

For Fun and Family said...

What a whiner.